4 family members injured in gas explosion at their home in Thane

4 family members injured in gas explosion at their home in Thane
The incident took place around 6:30 am today (Representational Image)

At least four members of a family, including an elderly couple, were severely injured after a domestic gas cylinder in their house in Thane caught fire and exploded early morning on Wednesday.

The impact of the explosion caused the wall of the house, located at Siddeshwar Talao in the city’s Patil Wadi area, to collapse.

According to officials, the incident took place due to a leakage in the pipe attached to the LPG cylinder.

“There was some leakage in the pipe of the LPG cylinder because of which it caught fire and exploded around 6.30 am,” Thane Municipal Corporation’s regional disaster management cell (RDMC) chief Santosh Kadam said.

“Upon getting information about the mishap, the firemen and a team of personnel from the RDMC rushed to the spot for rescue and relief operation,” he added.

The injured occupants included an elderly couple, aged around 60, and their two daughter-in-laws. All four sustained severe burns in the mishap and were rushed to a local hospital for treatment.

Civic officials, meanwhile, are inspecting the neighbouring house which also developed cracks due to the explosion.

This report has been covered in a shortened or snippet format to ensure the most crucial information is published in the shortest possible time. The report may be expanded to a full length article if the story develops further or more information becomes available.



Comments