Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. On Monday, Mumbai’s first garden-under-flyover was thrown open for public use at Matunga.
2. The garden, which is situated under Tulpule flyover on Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar Road, was inaugurated by Mayor Snehal Ambekar. Residents of the area and other politicians too were present during the inauguration ceremony.
3. The project was the brainchild of ‘One Matunga’ group which comprises of residents of the area. The group approached the BMC with a motive of beautifying the area and getting rid of gamblers who would often occupy the space.
4. The Rs 5 crore project, which includes the construction of a park for children and a jogging space for residents in the shape of Narmada river, was passed in 2014, but wasn’t inaugurated for months after its completion.
5. A dispute between local corporators, Nayna Seth from Congress and Trushna Vishwasrao from Shiv Sena, had delayed the inauguration of the garden.View Realtime Updates