Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. Bollywood is having a tough time in 2016 with only a handful of movies making it big at the box office and Hollywood on it’s a-game.
2. Unlike previous years, the biggest film of the year so far is the Hollywood film ‘The Jungle Book’, with a collection of over Rs 180 crore. While ‘Airlift’, ‘FAN’ and ‘Housefull 3’ have performed well, there hasn’t been any real money spinner for Bollywood this year.
3. Among the movies that released last Friday, ‘The Conjuring 2’ dominated box-office and raked in more money that ‘TE3N’ and ‘Do Lafzon Ki Kahani’ combined. Although there have been instances where a Hollywood movie has performed better than Bollywood films at the box office in the past, it is seldom the case when a Horror flick stands it’s own ground against the films of acclaimed B-town actors.
4. ‘The Conjuring 2’, which released on 900 screens across the country in four languages, managed to collect Rs 19.85 crore in its first weekend. In comparison, Amitabh Bachchan and Nawazuddin Siddiqui-starrer ‘TE3N’ made Rs 11.13 crore and ‘Do Lafzon Ki Kahani’ managed to do a business of just about Rs 3.74 crore.
5. While the collections of ‘Te3n’ might not be worrying its makers since it was made on a budget and catered to a niche audience, the abysmal performance of ‘Do Lafzon Ki Kahani’ is surely a setback for Randeep Hooda whose last 2 outings at the box-office (Sarbjit, Laal Rang) also missed their mark.Back to latest news