Local Press Co Snippet
1. The work of Mumbai’s first underground Metro on the Colaba-Bandra-Seepz stretch is expected to begin this month.
2. The Metro-III work is likely to affect a total of 26 buildings in Mumbai’s Kalbadevi and Girgaum areas, which house over 700 families.
3. Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis has promised in situ rehabilitation plan as well as provision of larger homes for the project affected persons (PAPs).
4. All the PAPs will get a minimum of 405 sq ft home under the rehabilitation plan. The rehabilitation plan is as follows: An occupant with 100 or 105 sq ft tenement will get 405 sq ft, 250 sq ft tenement will get 500 sq ft, 300 sq ft tenement will get 600 sq ft and those with over 300 sq ft tenement will get up to 700 sq ft free (they can get more by paying extra).
5. The state has also decided to allot 30 hectares of land inside Aarey Colony for construction of a depot for Metro-III. However, final sanction is yet to come.Back to latest news