Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. A stretch of Mumbai-Pune Expressway near the Khandala ghat will be kept closed for traffic intermittently on June 15 and 16.
2. During the two days, Maharashtra State Road Development Corporation (MSRDC) will carry out repair work between 12 pm to 4 pm. During the four hour period, the ghat section will stay closed to the public 4 times for a period of 15 minutes each.
3. The repair work includes strengthening of rocks in the hilly area to prevent the occurrence of landslides during monsoon. While the repair work is underway and road is closed, there is a possibility of long queues and traffic jams.
4. Since there is a possibility of boulders falling on moving vehicles during the repair work, MSRDC has decided to curb the risk by keeping the expressway closed during short period of time.
5. Last year, two people were killed and three others injured after a landslide caused a boulder to fall on their car near Adhoshi tunnel.Back to latest news