Video: Fire breaks out at Maya Farsan Shop in Dombivali
A massive fire broke out at a farsan shop in Dombivali, Thane on Thursday night. The mishap did not result in any casualties.
Location: According to preliminary information, the fire broke out at Maya Farsan shop located on Nandivali Road in P&T Colony area of Dombivali East. The incident sparked a minor scare among locals as the shop was located on the ground floor of a residential building.
Time: The mishap took place on late Thursday night, following which the fire brigade was alerted.
Severity: Officials from the Kalyan Dombivli Municipal Corporation (KDMC) fire department reached the spot two fire tenders to douse the flames.
Cause of fire: A short circuit is suspected to have caused the fire. However, a final confirmation from the fire brigade is awaited.
Casualties & damage: While no casualties were reported in the mishap, the food, furniture and other items in the shop were completely destroyed in the blaze. The smoke from the fire also made its way on to the first few floors of the building, causing some minor breathing problems.
Current status: The fire has been completely doused as of publishing this report. The shop, meanwhile, has been completely gutted. Police may book the owner of the shop if the fire department’s report highlights at negligence on his part.
The incident comes three months after 12 workers of Bhanu Farsan shop, located in Makhariya Compound on Khairani road in Sakinaka, were killed after being trapped in a fire that broke out in its premises during the wee hours.
The owner of the shop, Ramesh Bhanushali, was subsequently booked under sections 304 (culpable homicide not amounting to murder), 285 (negligent conduct with respect to fire) and 337 (causing hurt by act endangering safety of others) of the Indian Penal Code.