Baahubali to be screened at Cannes Film Festival
Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. SS Rajamouli’s Baahubali – The Beginning is set to feature at the prestigious Cannes Film Festival this year.
2. The makers of the epic period drama will also be heading to France for the screening. In addition, director S.S. Rajamouli, producer Shobu Yarlagadda, Raja Koduri, Senior Vice President of Radeon Technology Group (RTG), AMD will be leading a panel discussion on Virtual Reality (VR) on May 16.
3. The panel titled “Increasing the Intensity and Scale of Epic Film Experiences through VR” at the NEXT Pavilion will discuss new opportunities presented by VR for storytellers in order to provide a far richer experience for their audience. The interactive panel will be live streamed on the official Facebook page of Baahubali and AMD. Post the discussion, the southern magnum opus will be screened at Palais K venue in Cannes.
4. Radeon Technologies Group which is part of AMD is also working with the makers of Baahubali and Arka Mediaworks to develop a unique VR experience based on the movie.
5. Although Baahubali – The Beginning still continues to get critical acclaim, the makers are already working on its sequel, titled, Baahubali – The Conclusion. Reportedly, the second installment will be produced on a budget higher than the Rs. 120 crore it took to make Baahubali – The Beginning.