Deepika increases her quote, charges as much as SRK, Ranbir, Kohli for brand endorsements
Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. With a highly anticipated Hollywood debut and back-to-back superhits like Piku & Bajirao Mastani, Bollywood’s leading lady Deepika Padukone has deservedly secured a top slot among B-town actresses.
2. Considering her perceived brand value, a leading airlines has now approached the dimpled beauty with an offer to come on board as their brand ambassador. And Ms Padukone, who is high on the success of her recent films, has reportedly charged a whopping Rs 8 crore for a three day shoot.
3. When Bollywood Life asked an Industry source about the offer, he was quoted saying, “She is currently in talks, through her brand team. The Rs 8 crore tag is her asking price for a three-day shoot. It’s typically a certain number of days per year. For brand shoots, normally the payment is per day. Deepika charges Rs 1-5 crore for a day.”
4. He further added, “But Rs 8 crore seems a bit high as only Aamir Khan, Shah Rukh Khan and Ranbir Kapoor command that kind of fee for endorsements. Among sportsmen, only MS Dhoni and now, Virat Kohli recently have started charging close to that figure. When Deepika’s team asked for that amount, they weren’t sure they would get it. But they have to constantly up the star’s price according to the market value and Deepika has had a fantastic year with Piku and Bajirao Mastani, so she is in the position to hike her fee. Whether the brand will pay her that amount, remains to be seen.”
5. “Deepika is currently negotiating for Rs 2 crore plus per day. If she gets the price she is asking for, it will catapult her into the biggest league,” confirms the source.