FIR filed against ‘Housefull 3’ star Akshay Kumar, producer Sajid Nadiadwala
Local press Co 5-point Snippet
1. On the day of Housefull 3’s release, the film’s lead actor Akshay Kumar and producer Sajid Nadiadwala have found themselves in the midst of legal trouble after a writer accused the duo of plagiarism.
2. According to a report on Spotboye, writer Farooq Barelvi has filed an FIR against Akshay and Sajid, accusing the duo of using his story without crediting him for his work.
3. Farooq revealed that he had first approached Akshay’s make up artiste Narendra Khuswala and narrated the story to him. Later, Khuswala took to the story to Akshay, who loved it and had decided to act in it.
4. The writer further claimed that he was paid a hefty amount by Akshay’s team for the story. But after the script was finalised, the ‘Khiladi’ star started ignoring him for some reason.
5. In his complaint, Farooq has alleged that his story has been used for ‘Housefull 3’, third installment of the popular ‘Housefull’ franchise.