Mika Singh to take legal action against TV channel for pending dues
Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. After Mika’s recent appearance on Sony’s ‘The Kapil Sharma Show’, Colors TV decided to replace the singer from ‘Comedy Nights Live’, which is hosted by Krushna Abhishek and Bharti Singh.
2. After his appearance, Colors sent a legal notice to the singer for breach of contract and approached Salman Khan’s brother Sohail Khan to replace him on the show.
3. Now that Mika is no longer a part of the comedy show, he wants the channel to clear his pending dues. Sources claim that the ‘Gandi Baat’ singer has approached the channel with a notice for withholding his payment and if needed, will take a legal action against them. Reportedly, Mika has not been paid for the 15 episodes he had shot.
4. The 38-year-old had earlier clarified that his appearance as a celebrity guest on Kapil’s show was just to promote his song from the upcoming movie Housefull 3. Mika was accompanied by West Indies cricketer Chris Gayle and ‘Baby Doll’ singer Kanika Kapoor on the episode.
5. However, when contacted, Mika did not confirm if he had already sent the channel any notice.