Yeh kuch bhi nahi hai: Anil Kapoor on Deepika, Priyanka’s Hollywood debut
Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. Bollywood stalwarts Anil Kapoor and Naseeruddin Shah, who’ve seen their share of Hollywood, seem unimpressed by the hype surrounding Deepika Padukone and Priyanka Chopra’s debut.
2. B-town’s most prolific actresses, Deepika and Priyanka, are set to make their Hollywood debut with xXx: Return of Xander Cage and Baywatch respectively. Needless to say, their PR machinery is working overtime to ensure even the audiences back home are aware of every development.
3. According to a Pinkvilla report, when Anil was asked about the stunning actresses’ Hollywood debut, he said, “The stuff you are seeing now is nothing. Yeh kuch bhi nahi hai. This is nothing, you mark my words. I said this seven years back and nobody took me seriously and I am telling you again now. You are happy seeing this? This is nothing. The real deal would be when a young guy or a young girl gets a role and becomes a huge star.”
4. Seemingly unimpressed, Anil further added, “When someone who has just started her career and her first film happens to be a Hollywood one. It will happen. Someone will definitely become a huge star. That’s success for me. This is nothing. Kya hai yeh? You just wait and see what is going to happen. It is great what is happening right now but it is going to get better and better.”
5. When veteran actor Naseeruddin Shah, in a separate interview, was asked about his thoughts on Bollywood actors venturing into Hollywood, he remarked, “These people who are tom-tomming their entry into Hollywood are all going to come back very soon. Because Hollywood has no place for an Asian to play a lead. It’s a one-off thing.”
Inputs from Times of India & Pinkvilla