Local press Co 5-point Snippet
1. Fire brigade officials and lifeguards rescued a youth from drowning at Juhu beach while two others couldn’t be traced and are feared drowned on Friday afternoon.
2. At around 12.45 pm, a group of five friends ventured into the sea for swimming. Despite repeated warnings from the lifeguards, they choose to go ahead and soon drifted away from the main beach.
3. According to the police, three of them went far out in the sea and got pulled by the strong current. One of them started screaming and was rescued. The other two were untraceable.
4. The duo feared drowned have been identified as Sameer Shaikh (18) and Rajendra Chowdhury (20). The five friends were all residents of Juhu Koliwada’s Bhaiyawadi area.
5. Meanwhile, a top official from Santacruz Police Station has said that the fire brigade and the police will resume the search on Saturday.Back to latest news