Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. On Friday, Union Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu said that railways will put an end to waiting lists and provide only confirmed tickets to commuters by 2020.
2. The minister also acknowledged the state of the current ticketing scenario and said that the ministry will increase the adoption of technology as much as possible going forward.
3. Prabhu added that meeting the ever-increasing demand of tickets with the existing supply will be a challenging task since the country is densely populated and people are highly dependant on railways.
4. However, he claimed that the ministry is making continuous efforts to improve its overall infrastructure to ensure that the ticketing demand and supply sides reach an equilibrium in the next 4 years, without causing any inconvenience to commuters.
5. Speaking about the proposed bullet train between Mumbai and Ahmedabad, he said, “It will have a positive impact on the economy and will also increase business.”Back to latest news