Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu on Tuesday inaugurated a host of passenger amenities for Mumbai’s commuters like elevated deck, FOBs, skywalks and escalators across various Western Railway stations.
Prabhu inaugurated the amenities from Rail Bhavan in New Delhi via video-conferencing today afternoon. Dozens of dignitaries and media persons attended the event at the capital or WR’s headquarters in Churchgate.
The new amenities were inaugurated at WR stations like Borivali, Andheri, Kandivali, Dadar, Matunga Road, Goregaon, Bhayander, Nalasopara and Vasai Road.
With this, railways has taken another step towards improving services and making travel more passenger-friendly for the city’s near eight million daily commuters.
The amenities inaugurated by Prabhu today:
* An elevated deck above Platform 1 of Borivali station connecting four FOBs and a skywalk.
* New FOBs at Dadar, Matunga Road and Bhayander stations.
* Skywalk connecting FOB at Andheri station to metro station.
* Escalators at Dadar, Bhayander, Nalasopara and Vasai Road stations.
* Booking offices at Borivali, Vasai Road and Kandivli stations.
* New toilet blocks at Goregaon and Kandivli stations.
* New passenger reservation system at Nalasopara station.
Earlier today, the Railway Minister also inaugurated the Round Table Conference on Data Analytics, during which he hailed Indian Railways is one of the most ‘data rich’ organisations. It will now use the data for operational improvements and monetisation.
This report has been covered in a shortened or ‘Snippet’ format to ensure the most important piece of information is relayed in the shortest possible time. If the story develops further or more relevant information becomes available, we will expand it into a full length article.Back to latest news