Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. On Thursday, 18-year-old Sameer Sheikh committed suicide by jumping off from the third floor of his college building in Andheri.
2. The deceased’s father, Babu Sheikh had caught his son red handed while smoking cigarette with his friends on Wednesday night. Following which, he rebuked Sameer in front of all his buddies for smoking during Ramadan (the holy month of Ramazan).
3. Depressed over his father’s scolding, the teenager on Thursday afternoon, jumped off from the class window on the third floor of Oriental College of Commerce & Management building. He was rushed to Kokilaben Hospital by the college authorities, where he was declared dead on arrival.
4. Upon investigation, Oshiwara police found a suicide note from Sameer’s bag. In the note, Sameer was apologizing to his father for falling into bad company and admitted going through a bad phase because of which he did not want to live further. He also left a parting message for his friends on his Facebook wall.
5. Meanwhile, an accidental death report has been registered and his body has been sent to Cooper hospital for post mortem. Sameer, a Jogeshwari resident, was a Class 12 Commerce student and was planning to pursue photography in the future.