To provide relief to commuters working late and running the risk of missing the last train home, the Brihanmumbai Electric Supply and Transport (BEST) undertaking is introducing four new late-night services from Dadar to both eastern and western suburbs.
In recent years, Mumbai has witnessed a steady rise in the number of people working late nights. But, since rail services remain shut for a few hours from 1 am every night, those working late have to ensure they reach on time and catch the last train home.
If they don’t, they have to spend an exorbitant amount on taking a cab or rickshaw back home.
To cater to such commuters, BEST is introducing four new services from Dadar from December 1.
New late-night services (From December 1):
1. Dadar Station (E) to Gorai Depot – Bus Number 202 Ltd. at 1:45 am
2. Dadar Station (E) to Oshiwara Depot – Bus Number 4 Ltd. at 2:25 am
3. Dadar Station (E) to Mulund Station (W) – Bus Number 302 at 2:30 am
4. Dadar Station (E) to Koparkhairne – Bus Number 521 Ltd. at 4 am
According to Hanumant Gophane, public relations officer of BEST, these services are being introduced over and above the existing late night services and after taking commuter travel patterns into account.
The undertaking has also decided to add three new AC routes and cancel two loss making routes in accordance with the commuter feedback to the BEST panel.
New AC services (From December 1):
1. Mantralaya to Mira Road station (E) via Western Express Highway: Bus Number A70 Fast
2. Mulund Depot to Charkop via Ghodbunder Road: Bus Number AS 458
3. Wadala to Kalamboli via Sion: Bus Number AS 503
Cancelled AC services (From December 1):
1. Mahim to Mira Road: Bus Number AS 71
2. Mulund (E) to Mindspace Airoli: Bus Number AS 514
In addition, certain routes are being marginally extended and the timings of some routes are being tweaked to cater to more commuters during peak hours.Back to latest news