Family digs up man’s grave to verify if his son is legitimate or result of wife’s affair
Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. 37-year-old Melvin Fernandes had committed suicide in the US by hanging himself in August last year. Unable to bear the expenses of bringing his body back home in Mumbai, his family had received Rs 20 lakh from good samaritans who had donated the money.
2. On Friday, almost nine months after his death, Melwin’s family exhumed his body and requested the Worli police to conduct a post-mortem to find out the actual cause of his death. The family also requested them to retrieve DNA samples, alleging that Melwin is not the biological father of his 10-day-old newborn and the result of his wife’s extra-marital affair.
3. Melwin’s post-mortem was conducted at Mumbai Central’s Nair hospital wherein the doctors reached the conclusion that the death had taken place due to hanging.
4. Meanwhile, his bones and teeth samples have been retrieved for DNA sampling. Hair and blood samples of the baby boy and Melwin’s father will also be collected to establish their biological relationship.
5. The family also claims that they still don’t know whether Melwin was actually married to his wife and therefore find their relationship suspicious.