A fire broke out in a commercial building, Odyssey IT Park, in Thane West on Friday afternoon, post which some offices had to be evacuated.
The incident took place around 3:30 pm on the fifth floor of Odyssey IT Park, located at Wagle Industrial Estate in Ambika Nagar No 3, Thane West.
The fire department was immediately alerted about the incident and two fire tenders rushed to the spot.
According to preliminary information, the fire was caused due a small explosion resulting from a short circuit in the AC unit.
Over 50 employees made their way to the ground floor as offices on the fifth floor were evacuated to prevent any untoward incident.
So far, no casualties have been reported.
Fire fighting is still underway and further details about the incident are awaited.
This report has been covered in a shortened or ‘Snippet’ format to ensure the most important piece of information is relayed in the shortest possible time. If the story develops further or more relevant information becomes available, we will expand it into a full length article.Back to latest news