FYJC 2018 Schedule: Online admission timetable for Mumbai FYJC colleges

FYJC 2018 Schedule: Timetable for FYJC admissions for Mumbai colleges
The education department announced the online admission timetable for Mumbai FYJC colleges on Monday (Representational Image, Courtesy: ProKerala)

The Maharashtra Education Department announced the schedule/timetable for the first-year junior college admissions for the academic year 2018-19 late on Monday.

The results for the Certificate for Secondary Education (ICSE) and Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) exams were declared last month, while Secondary School Certificate (SSC) results were announced last week.


UPDATE2nd merit list out, revised timetable announced


In addition to the schedule, the department also uploaded the cut-offs for the previous year on the online admission portal today.

Till last year, the department would print cut-offs of junior colleges in the information booklet which students had to purchase to get the User ID and Password. However, the cut-offs were uploaded to the online portal instead this year.

Students will now have to complete the online registration process on the portal, which includes specifying a list of 10 preferred colleges.

For a vast majority of students, the cut-off percentages for the previous year will act as the most relevant reference point when it comes to deciding which colleges to opt for during admissions.

Incidentally, since 30 percent more students scored over 90 percent marks in 2017-18 compared to previous year, the competition is stiffer and likely to push the cut-offs for top colleges higher.

Last week, Deputy Director of Education for Mumbai, Rajendra Ahire, confirmed that the admission schedule, along with the previous year’s cut-offs, will be announced on Monday.

He also assured students that they will have ample time to fill their admission form.

The schedule is typically announced a day after SSC results but was delayed this year due to technical glitches and centralisation of the entire process.

Around 800 city colleges, comprising of more than 3 lakh seats, are part of the admission process.

FYJC 2018 Admission Timetable/Important Dates:

For Bifocal Course:

Start date for filling online admission formJune 13, 2018
Last date for filling online admission formJune 18, 2018
Declaration of first merit listJune 21, 2018
Date for confirming admission by paying feeJune 22, 2018 (5 pm)
Declaration of vacant seatsJune 23, 2018
Start date for filling form for round 2June 23, 2018
Last date for filling form for round 2June 25, 2018
Declaration of second merit listJune 28, 2018
Date for confirming admission by paying feeJune 29, 2018 (5 pm)

For Science, Arts & Commerce Courses:

Start date for filling online admission formJune 13, 2018
Last date for filling online admission formJune 25, 2018
Declaration of general category merit listJune 29, 2018
Declaration of first merit listJuly 5, 2018
Date for confirming admission by paying feeJuly 9, 2018
Declaration of second merit listJuly 13, 2018
Declaration of third merit listJuly 23, 2018
Declaration of fourth merit listJuly 29, 2018

Note: Students seeking admission under quota will have to complete the process at the college level between June 13 to June 25.

Additional Details:

  • The merit list ranks will be based on the ‘best of five’ marks.
  • A total of four rounds of admissions will be conducted and the entire process is expected to conclude by the first week of August.
  • After each round, students will have 2 days to approach the department for any corrections.
  • Students can select minimum one and maximum ten preferred colleges during enrolment process.
  • Students will be allowed to change their preferred colleges after every round based on availability of seats.
  • Colleges have been instructed to start the course after 70 percent seats are filled. However, extra classes will need to be conducted for the remaining 30 percent.
  • Admissions for bi-focal courses will also take place online.
Back to latest news