HSC 2017: Complete details about admission process, online enrollment & schedule
With the Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC) 2017 results out, near 3 lakh students who cleared exams from the Mumbai division are set to begin admission process for degree colleges associated with Mumbai University.
In the Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education class XII examinations, the results of which were declared yesterday, the state managed an overall pass percentage of 89.50.
Around 2.89 lakh students cleared the exams from the Mumbai division, which includes Thane, Raigad and Palghar. Mumbai also came last among all nine divisions in the state with a pass percentage of 88.21.
1. Students seeking admission in degree colleges associated with Mumbai University will have to first purchase individual admission forms from their preferred colleges.
2. Register and complete the mandatory pre-admission enrollment process on Mumbai University’s online portal.
3. Submit filled admission forms in colleges alongwith a copy of the pre-admission enrollment form.
4. Refer the merit list and confirm admission to the requisite college by paying fees.
# Students seeking admission in autonomous institutes will have to either visit the institution or refer their website for admission process details.
Students will have to mandatorily fill the pre-admission enrollment forms and submit them along with the admission forms of preferred colleges.
- Visit http://mum.digitaluniversity.ac/
- Navigate to ‘Mumbai University Pre-admission Online Registration 2017-18’
- Enter basic contact information and click submit
After submitting the form, an email with the ‘Username’ and ‘Password’ will be sent to the registered email address and mobile number.
- Login with the newly acquired username and password
- Fill the necessary details like personal information, preferred course, affiliated colleges, reservation etc
- Upload a photo and signature
- Take a printout of the filled pre-admission form (mandatory)
The schedule for the admission process to Mumbai University is given below:
Sale of forms in colleges: May 31 to June 15 (working days)
Online registration (pre-admission form): June 1 to June 16
Submission of admission forms & pre-admission form in colleges: June 16 to June 22 (till 4 pm)
First merit list: June 22 (5 pm)
Verification of documents: June 23
Payment of fees: June 27 & June 28 (till 4.30 pm)
Second merit list: June 28 (5 pm)
Verification of documents: June 29
Payment of fees: June 30 & July 1 (till 4.30 pm)
Third & final merit list: July 1 (5 pm)
Verification of documents: July 3
Payment of fees: July 4 & July 5 (till 5 pm)
A complete copy of the schedule can also be found here.