Sena wants CM to penalise builders creating area names like Upper Juhu, New Cuffe Parade
Local Press Co Snippet:
1. Rajya Sabha MP Anil Desai from Shiv Sena, in a letter to the Chief Minister Devendra Fadnvavis, has requested the CM to penalise all the builders in the city who have rebranded areas in order to lure potential buyers.
2. Parel has been renamed as Upper Worli, Andheri as Upper Juhu, Kalanagar as BKC Annexe, parts of Wadala (East) are New Cuffe Parade, Parel Village is New Sewree and some in Antop Hill are being sold as properties in New Wadala.
3. Desai said that builders should market their schemes but not be allowed to rename the localities of the city since it is illegal.
4. According to reports, names such as Upper Worli,Upper Juhu, BKC Annexe, BKC Extension and New Cuffe Parade have come up with neither a pin code nor finding a mention in the administrative records of the BMC.
5. The MP demanded that the CM ban all builders who had indulged in this practice of cheating the buyers.