Water wastage at Thane railway station
Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. At a time when Maharashtra is reeling under the worst drought of the century, a Times of India journalist brought to light a criminal wastage of water at Thane railway station.
2. Manoj Badgeri, shared the above image on his micro-blogging account on Wednesday after he came across the pool of water that had collected inside the station premises.
3. According to Badgeri, the pipe was left open and unattended inside a Thane Municipal Corporation (TMC) store room. Since the store room was locked, no one could turn the water off.
4. Maharashtra’s ongoing drought hasn’t spared anyone. Even in a city like Thane, there is severe water scarcity leading to limited water supply, with some pockets receiving water on alternate days.
5. Attempts to reach the Thane station authorities went unanswered.