Is the absence of daadi, gutthi and palak hurting Kapil Sharma’s new show?
Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. Kapil Sharma’s previous show on Colors, ‘Comedy Nights with Kapil’, catapulted him into stardom and made him an overnight success.
2. But, after the comedian and channel failed to reach common ground on creative and monetary aspects, they decided to part ways. Colors introduced a new show titled Comedy Nights Live (CNL) with comedians Krushna Abhishek, Bharti Singh and a few others as replacement, while Sony roped in Kapil and team and introduced The Kapil Sharma Show (TKKS).
3. While there was a lot of buzz surrounding Kapil’s new show, the first episode got a modest rating of 3. Although the rating was slightly lower than expectations, it still managed to beat Color’s Comedy Nights Live.
4. According to the new data released by Broadcast Audience Research Council (BARC) for the week from April 30 to May 6, the difference between the two has reduced further.
5. For the week, TKKS got a rating of 1.9 and CNL managed a rating of 1.7. The difference of just 0.2 is a little worrying for Kapil whose show hasn’t performed per expectations despite his huge fan following and the show’s sizable marketing spend.