After ‘baap ka maal’ tweet, Rishi Kapoor continues targeting the Gandhis
Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. It seems Rishi Kapoor isn’t done taking on the Gandhi-Nehru family just yet, as the veteran actor continued his Twitter rant against one of India’s most prominent political families.
2. On Thursday, the 63-year-old actor took to Twitter again to post a map of Delhi, highlighting sixty-four places named after the Nehrus and Gandhis.
THINK. There are 64 prominent places named after them only in New Delhi! Do you need that many to commemorate them? pic.twitter.com/zdmVEAaal7
— Rishi Kapoor (@chintskap) May 19, 2016
3. Earlier this week, Kapoor had taken the micro-blogging site by storm with his controversial tweets, questioning why the Congress had named important assets in India after its icons from the Nehru-Gandhi family.
Change Gandhi family assets named by Congress.Bandra/Worli Sea Link to Lata Mangeshkar or JRD Tata link road. Baap ka maal samjh rakha tha ?
— Rishi Kapoor (@chintskap) May 17, 2016
4. He added that India’s cultural icons like Lata Mangeshkar, Amitabh Bachchan, Kishore Kumar and industrialists like JRD Tata also deserve to be honoured by naming structures after them.
5. The tweets did not go down well with the Congress supporters, many of whom carried out a protest outside Rishi Kapoor’s house in suburban Bandra on Wednesday for attacking the Nehru-Gandhi dynasty.