Is the Delhi CM a heroine, asks Lalu Prasad Yadav
Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. Last week, in a series of tweets, Delhi’s Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal had dared the BJP government to arrest Congress chief Sonia Gandhi and other party leaders named in the Italian court order in the VVIP chopper scam.
2. It seems like the tweets did not go down well with the Rashtriya Janta Dal (RJD) chief Lalu Prasad Yadav, who has now lashed out at Kejriwal for his Twitter outrage. The RJD chief has also advised the Delhi’s CM to refrain from demanding Sonia Gandhi’s arrest, saying “This is too much”.
3. When questioned about his over-friendly gesture with Kejriwal during oath-taking ceremony of Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar last year, Lalu said, “Is the Delhi CM a ‘heroine’ whom he would forcibly hug?”
4. The picture of their embracing act had gone viral and many had labeled the Delhi CM a ‘hypocrite’ for getting friendly with Lalu, whom he had always been critical of.
5. Later, the Delhi CM had claimed that it was the RJD chief who ‘pulled and hugged him’ and it did not amount to an ‘alliance’. Kejriwal also faced flak from Anna Hazare and the BJP for hugging Lalu, a convict in the fodder scam.