Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. A day after a car rammed into a pedestrian at Delhi’s Janakpuri area, the CCTV footage of the hit-n-run incident has been released. The footage was released by news agency, ANI.
2. The incident was occurred around 6:30 am on Monday when the accused, 21-year-old Rishab Rawat, was returning from a party. The accused, who was drunk and driving his Honda City car at a speed of over 100 kmph, allegedly hit three persons within a 1.5 km distance.
3. The deceased have been identified as Kameshwar Prasad (40) and Ashwani Anand (67). The injured victim, Santosh (40), is still under observation and not in a position to give a statement. The CCTV footage shows the incident involving Anand.
4. After witnessing the commotion, police patrol team started chasing after Rishab. After covering some distance, they incepted and arrested him. Rishab was in an inebriated state when the cops caught hold of him.
5. When the accused was being taken into custody, he was unable to stand properly. Officials also found empty liquor bottles inside his car and impounded it. Rishab has been booked under relevant sections of the IPC.
(Content of the video could be disturbing. Viewer discretion advised)Back to latest news