Gang of men beat up 22-year-old woman for wearing shorts, roaming with boys
Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. A gang of 10-15 men allegedly thrashed a 22-year-old woman for wearing a short dress and roaming around with male friends in Pune.
2. The incident happened at around 5.30 am on May 1, when the victim along with two others, was returning home from the sangeet rehearsal for her friend’s wedding. The trio noticed a car driving parallel to theirs and that’s when one of the accused started hurling abuses at her and her friends.
3. When one of the her male friend intervened, the gang attacked him. Meanwhile, the other gang members dragged the victim out of the car, hit her and later threatened her. The victim then tried alerting the cops by dialing 100, but no one answered.
4. As per reports, the accused strongly expressed disapproval of her clothing and said, “How can you wear such a short dress and roam with two males at such a time? In Pune, this is not allowed,” to the victim.
5. It was only after a week that the traumatised victim managed to file a proper case in the Kondhwa police station on May 8. According to reports, two of the accused have been arrested while the cops are on a lookout for the rest. Meanwhile, all the accused have been booked under Sections 354, 323, 504 and 34 of the IPC.