Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. IRCTC and Air India have come up with a new arrangement through which passengers with unconfirmed tickets can upgrade to an Air India flight by paying a little extra.
2. According to the arrangement, if tickets in AC compartments are not confirmed, rail passengers will get a choice to opt for an Air India flight instead. While travelers with second and third class tickets, will have to pay an additional Rs 1,500-2,000 to convert their ticket, commuters with first class tickets, will not have to pay any additional amount for the upgrade.
3. A system will be developed by the national carrier and the Indian Railways, through which, wait-listed passengers will receive a text notifying them of the availability of the option for upgradation. People who want to make the switch can do so through the IRCTC website within the next 24 hours.
4. On the availability of seats, an Air India official stated, “The option will be provided depending on the availability of seats. If an aircraft has 10 vacant seats, we would offer them on a first-come-first-serve basis.”
5. Further the official added that the new facility will first be implemented with Rajdhani trains.Back to latest news