Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. If you’ve seen the trailer or poster of Amitabh Bachchan’s upcoming movie Te3n, it’s hard to miss the light blue antique scooter the megastar is riding.
2. The scooter, which belongs to a Kolkata based automobile vendor, was procured by producer Sujoy Ghosh and director Ribhu Dasgupta for the movie’s extensive shoot in the city of joy.
3. But little did owner Sujit Narayan Sur know that his antique scooter will become such a sought after item after Sr. Bachchan rode in on screen. Sur claims that since the movie’s poster and trailer have come out, he has been inundated with offers from the legend’s fans and antique collectors who have made generous offers, with some going as high as a few lakhs.
4. But while talking to Mid-Day, Sur said that he rejected all the offers claiming, “The scooter has been with me for the last 13 years. I had given it to the film unit when they approached me with the sketch of a scooter they had created for Amitabh Bachchan’s character to drive around on because this one matched their requirements. I was thrilled that Mr Bachchan would ride my scooter which is at least two decades old.”
5. Sur also remarked that now that the veteran has rode his scooter, he will never part ways with it. In fact, he is planning to keep it inside his house along with a huge photo of Mr Bachchan.Back to latest news