Ash, Randeep may fly to Pakistan for Sarbjit premiere
1. Omung Kumar’s highly anticipated biopic ‘Sarbjit’ starring Randeep Hooda in the titular role, premiered at the Cannes Film Festival on May 15.
2. Now reports suggest that the makers of the film are planning for a grand premiere in our neighbouring country, Pakistan.
3. According to a source close to the film, the makers aren’t just planning on holding Sarbjit’s premiere in Pakistan, they also want to take along the core team including Ash, Hooda and Richa Chadha across the border to attend the premiere night. It further added that security of highest order will be provided to the entire cast and their entourage.
4. The biographical drama reels out the story of Sarbjit’s sister Dalbir Kaur’s 30-year long battle to bring back her brother, who was accused of spying and imprisoned in Pakistan. The role of Dalbir Kaur has been essayed by Aishwarya Rai Bachchan.
5. When contacted by a leading daily to confirm the news, Omung Kumar was quoted saying, “There is absolutely nothing anti-Pakistan about Sarbjit. Both the nations should watch this film. If the premiere is held, this will be a first in recent history.” Sarbjit is set to hit the big screen on May 20.