Deepika uses her ‘celebrity status’ to get work done at Budapest airport
Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. Deepika Padukone was her cheerful self when she returned to Mumbai yesterday after wrapping up xXx: The Return of Xander Cage in Toronto and an item song for Homi Adajania’s next in Budapest. Amidst all the work, she also took some time off to meet beau Ranveer Singh in Paris.
2. But the star, who is otherwise known for her calm and composed demeanor, was apparently furious at the Budapest airport authorities while on her way back to Mumbai.
3. After she learnt that her ticket was booked in an overbooked flight and that two of her crew members couldn’t accompany her, the dimpled beauty threw a fit and allegedly refused to board the flight. While throwing tantrums isn’t exactly unheard of in Bollywood, Ms Padukone was seldom associated with the behaviour.
4. Although the airport staff reportedly offered other passengers incentives like hotel room, vouchers etc in exchange of their tickets, it didn’t help. Finally, the ‘Tamasha’ actress directly approached her co-passengers and managed to convince two passengers into turning in their tickets.
5. After using her celebrity status to get work done at the Budapest airport, Deepika flew back to Mumbai and hosted a lunch for her entire core team at her residence.