Is Shraddha the reason why Shakti Kapoor isn’t promoting his B-grade movie?
Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. Actor Shakti Kapoor featured in plenty of B-grade movies over the last 2 decades, but that was before his daughter Shraddha Kapoor made her Bollywood debut. Now that the petite actress has carved a niche for herself in Bollywood, Shakti hasn’t acted in any new B-grade movie to avoid embarrassing her daughter.
2. But, he was put in a tough spot recently when the makers of ‘Bhouri’ finally announced the release. The movie was shot a few years back and Shakti essays a role of lustful doctor in the movie.
3. While the entire cast, which includes Raghuveer Yadav, Aditya Pancholi, Manoj Joshi etc, were present at the music launch earlier this week, Shakti was missing from the party. Whether Shakti will make himself available for it’s multi-city tour is anybody’s guess.
4. When Mumbai Mirror contacted the film’s director Chandrapal Singh, he was quoted saying, “Shakti Kapoor ab Shakti Kapoor nahin rahe, woh ab Shraddha Kapoor ke papa hain. His daughter is not comfortable with him playing a sex addict with only one thought in his mind.”
5. Bhouri revolves around the lives of 5 individuals from various socio-economic backgrounds who lust after the women in the village. The director also told Mirror that the film addresses the issues of child marriage and women empowerment in a Bandit Queen-style.