Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. While the recently released ‘Chiita Ve’ song from Shahid Kapoor starrer ‘Udta Punjab’ already has the fans going gaga over it, the music rights of the flick have been sold at a whooping Rs 18 crore to T-series.
2. A source close to the project informed a city daily that this is the biggest music deal to have ever been struck in Bollywood. “The ‘Udta Punjab’ album has new age Punjabi vibe to it and the makers hope to strike a chord with music lovers,” he added.
3. Udta Punjab’s Rs 18 crore music deal is also making news for breaking the record of Salman Khan’s Prem Ratan Dhan Payo (PRDP). PRDP had struck a Rs 17-crore deal with the same music label even before the film had gone on floors last year.
4. Also starring Alia Bhatt, Kareena Kapoor Khan and Diljit Dosanjh in the lead roles, Udta Punjab portrays the real issue of drug abuse the state of Punjab is reeling under since last few years.
5. The crime thriller is helmed by Abhishek Chaubey and is slated for a June 17 release.Back to latest news