Vidya Balan comes out in support of Kangana Ranaut, disappoints hubby
Local Press Co 5-point Snippet:
1. Kangana Ranaut and Hrithik Roshan’s ongoing legal feud has befuddled Bollywood to say the least. Although, most celebrities refrained from commenting on the subject, it all changed when Vidya Balan openly lent her support to the ‘Queen’ actress.
2. But the ‘Kahaani’ actress, who is probably the first Bollywood personality to publicly support Kangana, has reportedly miffed her husband, Siddharth Roy Kapoor.
3. At the trailer launch of her upcoming thriller, T3EN, Vidya applauded Kangana for standing up for herself. She was quoted saying, “It is none of my business to be judging anyone but I have the greatest admiration for Kangana because she is standing up for herself. I think that is very creditable because as women we find it very easy to stand up for other people, our family members, children, husbands, parents but we rarely stand up for ourselves. She is standing up for herself, so kudos to her and more power to her for that.”
4. According to a report in a leading daily, Vidya’s quote has caused a major embarrassment for her hubby, Siddharth. One reason for that is his association with Hrithik’s upcoming release ‘Kaabil’ where Siddharth is the producer. Sources are now claiming that Vidya’s remark might just make things a tad bit awkward between the two.
5. Both Kangana Ranaut and Vidya Balan are National award winners and are known for their women-centric film roles.