Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. Bollywood heartthrob Hrithik Roshan married Sussanne Khan in 2000. After 13 years of marriage, the couple filed for divorce in 2013 and got officially separated in 2014.
2. However, unlike most B-town un-couplings, the couple maintained a dignified silence throughout their separation. But, two years after the couple’s official divorce, Sussanne Khan opened up about it in an interview with Femina.
3. When asked about the divorce, Sussanne responded by saying, “We had reached a stage in our lives where I decided that it’s better we weren’t together. It was important to be aware and not be in a false relationship. We are close (friends).”
4. She maintained that despite the divorce, their relationship with their two kids, Hrehaan (10) and Hridhaan (8), is unaffected. “We do chat a lot even though we don’t hangout together anymore. But above all, we are very committed to our children. We are respectful towards each other. When children are involved, it’s important to put our differences aside and protect them,” Sussanne added.
5. Back in April, during the ongoing legal battle between ex-husband Hrithik and Kangana Ranaut, Sussanne had publicly backed the ‘Koi Mil Gaya’ actor. Later, when the former couple was spotted spending time with their kids, it gave rise to speculations about a possible reconciliation. However, Sussanne had put an end to the speculations by stating, “I request people to stop speculating. There will never be a reconciliation with Hrithik. But we will always be good parents.”Back to latest news