After Vin Diesel, Deepika auditions for a role opposite Tom Cruise
Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. It seems like Deepika Padukone, who is currently shooting for her Hollywood debut ‘xXx-The Return of Xander Cage’ opposite Vin Diesel, isn’t planning on coming back home anytime soon.
2. The leggy lass has now auditioned for the role of an Egyptian girl in Tom Cruise starrer ‘The Mummy’ – a reboot of the original franchise.
3. According to reports, the ‘Tamasha’ actress had auditioned for the role sometime last month in Los Angeles and is waiting to hear back from the casting directors.
4. In the meanwhile, the makers have also been exploring other options for the pivotal role in the successful franchise.
5. Earlier, ‘Gangs of Wasseypur’ actress Huma Qureshi had auditioned for the same part.