Women dressed in nightgowns barred from entering Dombivli temples
Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. Three temples in Dombivli have barred women worshippers from entering its sanctum sanctorum if the women are dressed in a nightgown or nightie.
2. The authorities of the three temples- Gamdevi, Mahadeo and Hanuman- have also put up boards which read- ‘Entry of Women wearing nightgowns is banned.’
3. According to the authorities, women entering the temple in the said attire is ‘impure’.
4. Explaining the ‘impure’ logic, the authorities said that women usually cook non-vegetarian food at their homes and most of them are frequently dressed in gowns, besides many other activities.
5. In response to the ban, Shiv Sena corporator Ramesh Mhatre, who also manages the temples, has stated that locals from the area have welcomed the move.