Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. At a press conference held post the success of ‘Housefull 3’, Akshay Kumar was asked to express his thoughts on the ‘Udta Punjab’ controversy, which has been the talk of the town since last few days.
2. The ‘Khiladi’ star, however, passed on the question to Chunky Pandey and requested him to answer by saying, “I want Chunky Pandey sahab to give the answer to this question. His first film ‘Aag Hi Aag’ was made by Pahlaj Nihalani.”
3. Following which, Chunkey revealed that he is extremely proud of the Censor Board chief Pahlaj, who gave him his first break in Bollywood. On ‘Udta Punjab,’ he said, “I haven’t seen the film but ‘udte toh tote hain, Punjab kaha se udta hai’. But I don’t know, I can’t tell anything about him.”
4. Later, when a reporter informed the Housefull team that Udta Punjab’s release date might get pushed ahead from June 17, Akshay quipped that ‘if the film’s release is postponed, it will be beneficial to us (Housefull 3)’. Chunky also jokingly added that he has done a setting with Pahlaj Nihalani to delay the film.
5. Housefull 3 has been having a great run at the box office and has already claimed the biggest opening of 2016. If Udta Punjab’s release is pushed forward even one week, it will have a considerable impact on Housefull 3’s second week earning.Back to latest news