30-year-old strangulates ‘unwanted’ girl child to death, abandons wife at Churchgate station
Local press Co 5-point Snippet
1. On Thursday, the Virar police arrested 30-year-old Kailash Bhande for allegedly murdering his month-old daughter.
2. The incident happened on May 15 when Kailash, in an inebriated state, threw his wife out of the house and strangulated the girl child to death. Kailash always wanted a boy and he was disappointed when his wife, Vaishnavi, gave birth to a girl. The couple often fought over the issue.
3. After killing his daughter, Kailash threatened Vaishanvi of dire consequences if she revealed the truth in front of anyone. The next day, the duo visited a health care centre in Vasai and sought a death certificate. After collecting it, Kailash and Vaishnavi buried the child in Virar and left.
4. On their way back, the accused told Vaishanavi that they were going to their home town in Akola, but instead left her alone at Churchgate station and fled the spot. Three weeks after the incident, 28-year-old Vaishnavi, along with her father came back to Mumbai and filed a complaint against Kailash with the Virar police.
5. Following the complaint, the accused was arrested and was booked under under Sections 302 (murder), 201 (causing disappearance of evidence) and 182 (providing false information) of the IPC. Meanwhile, cops are probing the case and also plan to take action against the official who provided the death certificate without conducting a post-mortem.