Byculla restaurant sets an example by saving 45,000 litres of water each month
Local Press Co Snippet:
1. Moved by the water shortage in the city, Abbas Suleman Kadiwal – a restaurant owner in Byculla, implemented a change that has resulted in his establishment cutting down its monthly water usage of about 2,40,000 litres by 45,000 litres.
2. The owner of Gloria restaurant observed that most of the drinking water served to customers gets wasted as the remainder is poured down the drain. Kadiwal then instructed his employees to collect this water instead of throwing it away.
3. All the water is then reused for chores like cleaning floors, washing dishes and gardening.
4. Every day, Gloria restaurant would use about 8,000 litres of water. But because of Kadiwal’s efforts, it now reuses 1,500 litres every day.
5. The owner’s efforts don’t just end at water conservation. His restaurant preserves leftover food and donates it to the poor around the restaurant’s vicinity as well.