5-year-old killed, mother injured in LPG cylinder blast at Navi Mumbai home
In a tragic incident, a five-year-old boy lost his life and his mother sustained serious injuries after a wall collapsed on them following an LPG cylinder blast inside their house in Navi Mumbai on Thursday morning.
According to police, the cylinder exploded after the woman woke up and went to the kitchen to light the stove. Prima facie, it appears that the leaking gas came in contact with the flames, resulting in the blast.
The impact of the explosion caused the adjacent wall to collapse and fall on the woman and other family members, who were all sleeping at the time.
While the rest of the occupants suffered minor bruises, the woman and her son sustained severe injuries and were rushed to a nearby hospital for treatment.
The hospital authorities declared the son, identified as Sohan Baban Katke, dead before admission.
Kalamboli police have registered an accidental death report (ADR) in the case and are currently investigating the incident.