Video: Overhead cable wire catches fire at Virar Station
After Andheri and Mira Road road stations, Western Railway saw another mishap on Tuesday after an overhead cable wire went up in flames at Virar station.
According to preliminary information, a spark in the overhead cable wire at platform 4 of Virar station caused it to catch fire around 6 pm today. The spark is suspected to have been caused due to a short circuit.
The incident led to chaos at the station. Additionally, some passengers of the Dahanu-bound local, that was stationed at the platform, also deboarded the train to distance themselves from the source of the fire.
While some reports claim that a part of the local also caught fire, the same could not be independently confirmed.
Fortunately, the blaze was doused and the situation was brought under control by railway authorities.
No one was reported injured as of publishing this report.
Further details are awaited.
Video from the spot:
Earlier today, a major mishap was reported in Andheri, where a part of the road over bridge collapsed early morning. The incident affected services on the Western line and left at least six persons injured.
A little later, another fire broke out at an under construction ticket window at Mira Road railway station. The thick cloud of smoke sparked panic among commuters, but the blaze was finally brought under control without any loss of life or injury.