17-year-old caught while transporting country liquor at Kanjurmarg
Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. The police, on Friday, caught a 17-year-old while he was trying to transport 50 litres of country liquor from Kanjurmarg to Andheri.
2. According to the police, the minor was carrying two sacks when he alighted Kanjurmarg station and made his way to the rickshaw stand to travel to Andheri.
3. A constable noticed the juvenile with the bags and found it’s content suspicious. He immediately asked the boy to accompany him to Parksite police station to inspect the bags.
4. When the sacks were opened, cops found almost 50 litres of country liquor. The accused confessed that he had been given the task of transporting the sacks to Andheri by his employer.
5. The police immediately traced the employer and arrested him under the Bombay Prohibition Act. While cops continue to investigate the possible involvement of others, the juvenile has been sent to children’s home.