Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. On Wednesday, the Waliv Police arrested three men for allegedly raping and illegally detaining a 14-year-old girl under the pretext of offering her a job.
2. The accused have been identified as Rajesh, Fareed and Rajkumar, who worked as daily-wage labourers.
3. The victim, on June 7, met Rajkumar at Thane railway station after fleeing from her home in Solapur. Rajkumar asked her to accompany her to his house and assured her of work soon. With no money and shelter to live, the girl agreed to go with him.
4. Following which, Rajkumar took her to Fareed’s place in a chawl and locked her inside the house. The duo, along with one of their friend, Rajesh, raped the victim for over a week. The minor somehow managed to contact one of the neighbours and narrated her ordeal, who then informed the police about the matter.
5. The trio were booked under sections 376 (D), 506 (2) as well as various sections of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act 2012. Meanwhile, cops are awaiting the medical reports of the victims and are further investigating the matter.Back to latest news