Bhiwandi resident strangulates wife to death, files missing complaint
Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. Waliv police arrested 28-year-old Kamlakar Nokte on Sunday for allegedly murdering his wife and dumping her body deep inside Vasai’s Tungareshwar jungle.
2. The incident happened on May 27, when Kamlakar and his deceased wife Sunita had come to live with his family in Vasai for Kamlakar’s younger brother’s marriage. The couple had an argument in the morning, following which Kamlakar left the house and went into Tungareshwar forest, where he worked as a labourer.
3. Sunita followed him and apologized for the argument. But, Kamlakar refused to budge and in a fit of rage he strangulated his wife with the help of her dupatta and disposed her body in an isolated place in the jungle. After a few days, Kamlakar returned to his home in Bhiwandi and filed a missing person complaint for his wife with the Ganeshpuri police, to avoid suspicion.
4. Later, during interrogation, Kamlakar, revealed that he himself killed Sunita and claimed that she was cheating on him and often fought with him over petty issues.
5. Following Kamlakar’s confession, Waliv police reached the spot in Tungareshwar forest and found Sunita’s decomposed body, which was sent for autopsy. Meanwhile, cops have booked the accused for murder.