Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. On Monday, a 60-year-old woman lost her life after being run over by a Kalwa-bound Thane Municipal Transport (TMT) bus.
2. The incident happened around 7:30 am in the morning near Thane railway station when the elderly woman, identified as Vimal Shinde, was heading towards a shop on the opposite side of the road.
3. While crossing, the woman tripped and fell in front of the TMT bus. The driver failed to act on time and ended up running over the elderly woman.
4. Shinde was immediately rushed to Thane civic hospital, where she was declared dead on arrival. She succumbed to internal injuries.
5. The driver of the bus, Prakash Nevrekar, was arrested from the spot of the accident and has been booked for rash driving and causing death by negligence.Back to latest news