Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. A Mumbai-based engineer was arrested for allegedly molesting a 17-year-old girl on the Mumbai-Ahmedabad Gujarat Mail.
2. On June 2, the girl was travelling with her mother and brother in the train, while the accused Santosh Yadav was travelling alone. In the night, the minor was sleeping on the berth below Yadav’s. The girl claimed that she was molested thrice between Vadodara and Karjan stations.
3. Later, the girl complained to her mother, who asked her to wait till she caught the accused red-handed. Within a matter of minutes, Yadav tried molesting the girl again. But this time, the mother hit Yadav and raised an alarm.
4. Other passengers and the TTE gathered around the spot and the mother narrated the incident to them. She also called the Railway Women’s helpline.
5. After the train reached Anand station, railway police arrested Yadav. He has been booked under section 8 of POCSO Act (Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act). He worked at a Mumbai-based engineering firm and was travelling to Ahmedabad for work.Back to latest news