Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. Mahendra Pal, who had allegedly murdered his friend in broad daylight on Virar skywalk in April, escaped from the Vasai court on Monday.
2. Pal had been lodged in Thane jail following his arrest. On Monday afternoon, the accused was being taken for a hearing at Vasai court. After the van reached the court and stopped near the entrance, Pal pushed aside a police officer, jumped out and escaped.
3. To nab the absconding accused, cops have blockaded the area and increased check post checkings.
4. A Dahisar resident, Pal, in April had a heated argument with an unidentified man on platform no.7 of Virar station. After the altercation, the man tried to flee the spot, but Pal chased him and stabbed him in full public view at one of the bridges.
5. While Pal was arrested immediately by the cops patrolling the bridge, the victim, believed to be his friend, was pronounced dead before admission in hospital.Back to latest news