Car pileup on Mumbai-Pune expressway results in a 4 hour traffic jam
Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. A major accident involving four vehicles brought the traffic on Mumbai-Pune expressway on a standstill for hours on Thursday.
2. According to the Khopoli police, a goods container enroute Mumbai suddenly applied brakes to avoid hitting another truck up front near Adoshi tunnel. Following which, a Honda City, Maruti Swift and a truck rammed into each other.
3. The accident took place around 6.40 am near kilometres mark 41.3. Despite the wreckage, no one was seriously injured in the accident. But, it resulted in the blocking of all three lanes from Pune to Mumbai.
4. Later, one lane was opened for traffic after emergency vehicles and towing van reached the spot and removed the damaged cars 45 minutes after the accident. However, it took another three hours for the traffic flow to return to normalcy.
5. According to officials, the accident resulted in a four hour traffic jam and a queue of over 5 kilometers.