Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. Mumbai got a taste of monsoon last this week, but it left as quickly as it came. However, Mumbaikars can expect some respite as monsoon is expected to finally hit the city for good tomorrow.
2. According to Skymet Weather, the rainfall is set to intensify from June 18 onwards and is estimated to continue over the next 5 days, with moderate to heavy rain and thundershowers expected by June 20 and June 21.
3. According to Skymet’s satellite data, a cyclonic circulation is brewing in west-central Bay of Bengal, which will gradually move inland in west direction by June 18.
4. Fortunately for the drought-affected state, rains will also carry towards the interior parts of Maharashtra, including Mumbai. It will also revive the off-shore trough running along the West Coast, running from Kerala up to Konkan & Goa.
5. Skymet further notes that monsoon is already a week for the city, considering the normal onset date is June 10. Moreover, despite June being the rainiest month for the city, Mumbai has only received 43.1 mm of rain against the normal average rainfall of 523.1 mm till June 16.Back to latest news